I prepared this lesson for University Bible Church, Los Angeles, CA (Presented on 2015-05-17). This material was Intended for (and was understandable to) children between the age of 6 and 10.
This lesson took 26 minutes, including children’s response (mostly hand-raising, only 2 short questions), and the song in the end.
Image credits are noted in the captions (I did my to the best of trace and credit photographers or artists. Should there be error in the rights of these images, my sincere most apologies, and I welcome your email so I can make corrections).
- Read John 1, Isaiah 52:13-53:12, and Ephesians 2.
- On the life of Miss Elliot (and Caesar Malan)
– Video: Mars Hill Church’s The Rebel’s Guide To Joy Series – Charlotte Elliott.
– Reflections by Al Maxey: “The Invalid Hymnist” (Other internet sources were also used to make this material.)
– Wikipedia entry on Caesar Malan.
- Download companion slideshow
The text on this page is attached to the “presenter’s note” area for each respective slide.
– in KeyNote format (with animation)
– in PowerPoint format (without animation)
- Find a musician. Provide Chords Sheet. Music by Brian Eichelberger, arrangement by The Modern Post.